permaculture - Re: permaculture digest: May 08, 2000

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "georg parlow" <georg@email-me.at>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: permaculture digest: May 08, 2000
  • Date: Wed, 10 May 2000 10:57:21 +0200

> Victor Schauberger and it has thrown me for a loop.
> Dark Suns and the smashing of the Second 'Law'(?) of
> Thermodynamics. Everything he wrote seems to be

thermodynamics - as an ouotstanding example of the carthesian view of the
world - approach the world as a dead, mechanical machine - and thus it
adresses only half of the world, the yin side of it, which is ruled by
entropy. life is the other part of it, the yang side, ruled by enentropy,
the organizing, lifebuilding, constructive force of the universe -
schauberger and moillison dealt mostly with this part of the picture.
together they form the whole.

once we had a string going on the gernman speaking pc list regarding this
subject, where someone regarded the traditional farmer, who fights the weeds
and the regrowth of the forest as one who fights entropy. the opposite is
true, the trad, farmer fights enentropy, the lifeforce, that tries to weave
complex webs of life in stead of deserts - we as farmers or gardeners sorta
surf the life force - we throw the life process back (by plowinger, etc.)
and then profit from the regenerative force that tries to heal our actions.
over and over again.