permaculture - Wheatgrass and other raw sprouts questions...

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Graham Burnett" <gburnett@unisonfree.net>
  • To: <steve.charter@virgin.net>, "Faraj, Othman" <othman.faraj@wcom.co.uk>, "Kitchen Gardens list" <kitchengardens@onelist.com>, "Organic list" <organic-gardening@egroups.com>, <organic-l@steamradio.com>, "permaculture" <permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu>, <Permacultureforum@listbot.com>, <permacultureUK@listbot.com>, <Vegan_Organic@listbot.com>
  • Subject: Wheatgrass and other raw sprouts questions...
  • Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2000 14:07:51 -0000

Where would one obtain wheatgrass seed for sprouting purposes (ie, for
eating?)

Also, the green manure Alfalfa is presumably also suitable for sprouting?

Finally, I've grown spelt wheat in the past, but found it's tough coat a
problem when added to
soups etc (I havn't grown enough to make it viable to make into a flour, etc,
but thought a handful
in a soup would be OK, eg, like barley)

I also tried sprouting spelt so that I could eat the shoots, but again the
tough coat is hard to
remove and makes the job too labour intensive to be worthwhile- has anybody
any suggestions?

Cheers for now,

Graham Burnett
35 Rayleigh Avenue
Westcliff On Sea
Essex, UK
SS0 7DS

South East Essex LETS
http://pages.unisonfree.net/gburnett/

  • Wheatgrass and other raw sprouts questions..., Graham Burnett, 03/23/2000