permaculture - Re: the front lawn

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Verne L. Chinampas" <moistearth@yahoo.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: the front lawn
  • Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2000 16:56:34 -0800 (PST)

Dawn wrote:
>My parents moved into a new place in IA and want to remove some grass
to plant a garden and flowers. Does anyone know a good way to get rid
of
grass for good without herbicides?

>Black plastic hasn't worked. We left parts of the lawn covered for a
year one time but when the ground below contacts air and light again
the
grass comes back from the root. She got a rototiller and was thinking
of tilling it under. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Dawn, since you're new to permaculture, I'll provide you a little
distance learning:

Use all weapons at your disposal: herbicides, black plastic, and
rototilling. Cement is also helpful. This is what we call "stacking
functions"

Integrating Pleidian guidance from Zone 6, chant to the weed devas (or
"wevas"), smoke a bunch of tobacco, and then relax atop your
karkeloffen until it's time to coppice the basket willows. This is the
window of opportunity when the "designah becomes the reclinah".

Enjoy!
verne