permaculture - [Fwd: csa digest: March 08, 2000]

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Keith Johnson <keithdj@mindspring.com>
  • To: Pc Envirolink <permaculture@envirolink.org>, permaculture <permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu>, backyard permaculture <backyardpermacultureusa@egroups.com>
  • Subject: [Fwd: csa digest: March 08, 2000]
  • Date: Thu, 09 Mar 2000 09:54:49 -0500

community supported agriculture digest wrote:

> community supported agriculture Digest for Wednesday, March 08, 2000.
>
> 1. Partnership Opportunity

> Subject: Partnership Opportunity
> From: "Dori Green" <dorigreen00@hotmail.com>
> Date: Wed, 08 Mar 2000 08:47:24 EST
>
> Share a large 1865 house, 1990 barn, and 20-acre organically managed farm
> with six acres of intensive cultivated fields and raised beds. Now starting
> enrollment for Y2K CSA, have had CSA operation here since 1991 with varying
> success and numbers (5-41 families).
>
> If somebody wants to be a partner but really wants to live in their own
> building, we can figure out how to do that, too.
>
> I'm looking for somebody who's gone beyond a rank beginner apprentice stage
> in their expertise level. I do not require 50% financial investment -- we
> can be creative about land ownership as long as whatever we negotiate passes
> examination by two real estate attorneys (yours and mine). I've also been
> considering formation of a community land trust for farmland preservation
> here and at other sites in the area.
>
> Monthly share of maintenance expenses would be about $400 including
> utilities and food. Profit sharing in proportion to work contribution, of
> course, but I can't guarantee anybody "a job" because this place operates on
> cooperative principles, not the oppressive boss/worker paradigm.
>
> Please, no more e-mails from people who have no means or plans to find means
> for contributing toward their own maintenance (room and board) but are
> "really hard workers". There are good jobs available in the area.
>
> Dori Green
> Ash Grove Community Farm
> Corning, NY
>
> http://www.ic.org/agrove
>
> Intentional Community with local and long-distance members
> Chemical-free fruits, vegetables, herbs, and flowers
> Dairy and pack and draft goats
> Free-range chickens, ducks, and geese
> Affordable housing cooperative
> Regional farmer's marketing cooperative
> Partnerships
> Dried herbs and American-grown Black Tea by mail-order
> Technical writing, database development, and website design services
begin:vcard
n:Johnson;Keith
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:earthaven.org
org:The Permaculture Activist
adr:;;PO Box 1209;Black Mountain;NC;28711;USA
version:2.1
email;internet:keithdj@mindspring.com
note:magazines.com,   http://www.magazines.com/cgi-bin2/mc/MCHomePage?afd_number=3D2215
x-mozilla-cpt:;-27600
fn:Keith Johnson
end:vcard

  • [Fwd: csa digest: March 08, 2000], Keith Johnson, 03/09/2000