permaculture - Fowl forage

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Kirk Hanson <permawest@olywa.net>
  • To: "Permaculture Listserve (E-mail)" <permaculture@envirolink.org>
  • Subject: Fowl forage
  • Date: Tue, 1 Jun 1999 19:57:15 -0700

So now, who out there has fiddled with the infamous fowl forage system
(chicken, duck, goose, etc? I'm not talking about "wouldn't it be nice"
scenarios, I mean really matched up plant with bird to witness the results.
I've been fiddling with my own now for a few years, adding more plants
each season and so on, and have collected a good bit of info. straight from
observation. However, I want to push the envelope of fowl forage
construction.
Can anyone tell me about types of plants that they've actually
witnessed
fowl picking away at? Any insider, first-hand advice on constructing such
peculiar systems? Any wacko, nutz design ideas to share?

Thanks,

Kirk Hanson