permaculture - Re: Weed & manure teas

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "April Sampson-Kelly" <askpv@ozemail.com.au>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Weed & manure teas
  • Date: Fri, 14 May 1999 11:22:10 +1000

In permaculture we try to make things work at least two ways.
so i use a lot of green manure/tea that i make from
1. highly noxious weeds (fermented until absolutely unable to rise again.
2. any fruit-fly infected fruits left over from summer. (again this kills
the fly eggs
and maintains healthy orchard hygiene and returns nutrients to the soil. i
am careful to let it
brew until it is no longer too acidic. (sometimes all year)

April
Permaculture Visions International
Students and graduates in 13 countries
http://www.ozemail.com.au/~askpv