permaculture - Re: [Does Permaculture have to be so expensiv

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: kowens@teleport.com (Jeff Owens)
  • To: permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: [Does Permaculture have to be so expensiv
  • Date: Tue, 11 May 1999 09:07:44 -0700

Sal wrote:
>I feel if you have a kindness
>shown pass it on. it was not given to you alone pass it on. let it wander
>through the years let it wipe anothers tears untill on earth the deed
>appears pass it on. I was born naked and every thing I know came from
>someone else. what I do is glean what I can, picking up a little here and a
>little there. if you don't have the money take a pass and go on . I learn
>a lot just in these listservers. you need to be next to the fountain to get
>wet.

It seems to me we have an ideal educational tool right in front of
us. The only thing needed is to share ideas and information. There
are numberous web pages with information and many discussion groups.

Also, encouraging local libraries to put Permaculture books on the shelves
will help others as well as ourselves.

What i've found is that few people have the time to share ideas or
don't feel their ideas are important. Some feel that there is a
standard which must be met before one can talk about their beliefs.
Another problem is that some of us do not tolerate diversity of
opinion very well and this makes sharing ideas risky.

Anyway, if you want to listen to my opinions and those of a few
others willing to share ideas have a look at the ecopath
discussion list. Information at: http://www.teleport.com/~kowens

Jeff Owens (kowens@teleport.com) Zone 7, http://www.teleport.com/~kowens
Underground house, solar energy, reduced consumption, no TV