permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Re: Pc teacher input on Pc Courses

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Kelley <amaranth@uninets.net>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Re: Pc teacher input on Pc Courses
  • Date: Thu, 20 May 1999 10:55:26 -0400

Is it possible instead to offer the course in such a way that payment of the
fee is
spread out over time more, as well the learning. Some folks have mentioned
that they
do that type of course and with success. It is very difficult for many
people living
hand-to-mouth to come up with $500-$800 at once, but easier to come up with
smaller
amounts spread over time. Many herbal apprenticeship courses run nine to
twelve months
because so much changes as the seasons change. I would think different
things could
also be taught in PC as the seasons change. Has anyone tried this type of
offering?
Of course, that doesn't solve my location problem, yet. :-)

Kelley

Larry London wrote:

> http://metalab.unc.edu/london InterGarden
> london@metalab.unc.edu lflondon@worldnet.att.net
>
> On Wed, 19 May 1999, eric + michiko wrote:
>
> > Why can't Pc be less expensive?
>
> The mainstream PC courses and workshops should not be any less expensive,
> if anything they should cost more to make it possible for teachers to
> continue doing their work the best way possible.
>
> Alternatives to these courses:
>
> Collect and read more books and magazines, view more videos,
> use the Internet and your own computer more effectively,
> exchange more information with others (for free; read:
> Free-PC-Info copyright, like the gnu license Thilo mentioned)
> Then:
> Start regular local meetings of folks interested in permaculture
> and keep them going; have events, bring in guest speakers,
> have workshops, visit local farms round-robin-style and brainstorm
> PC solutions for the hosts.
> Then:
> Bring in mainstream PC teachers and pay the price for the course.
>
> ---
> You are currently subscribed to permaculture as: amaranth@uninets.net
> leave-permaculture-75156P@franklin.oit.unc.edu

---