permaculture - FW: UK Northern Permaculture Convergence 1999

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Thilo Pfennig <vinci@alternativ.net>
  • To: perma-l@linda.swin.de
  • Subject: FW: UK Northern Permaculture Convergence 1999
  • Date: Tue, 18 May 1999 13:48:18 +0200 (MEST)

-----FW: <3740386D.5EAA@amsta.leeds.ac.uk>-----

Date: Mon, 17 May 1999 16:40:09 +0100 (BST)
From: (R J Morris) <rjm@amsta.leeds.ac.uk>
Newsgroups: alt.sustainable.agriculture,uk.environment
Subject: UK Northern Permaculture Convergence 1999

You Are Invited To the 1999
NORTHERN PERMACULTURE CONVERGENCE
during and on the site of the Northern Green Gathering
-
-
WHAT IS IT?
· An opportunity to meet up with other people with an interest in
permaculture
· A time to talk about how we can work together to develop permaculture
in the North re--
· A space to network your own project and to learn about other peoples
projects · A chance to relax and enjoy this years Northern Green
Gathering with all its entertainment and
networking potential

THE PLAN SO FAR
FRIDAY
· 6 p.m.: Taking stock. We will create a map of Permaculture in the
North of England, and have
time to share the stories of our work
SATURDAY
· Afternoon: Permaculture Association & Office. The office is moving to
Leeds in July and will
there are plenty of opportunities to get involved!
· All Day: workshops to be confirmed - what can you offer?
· night: Social round the fire by the Permaculture Garden
SUNDAY
· Permaculture Diploma meeting - Have you got one, or do you want to do
one? The come to this one
· Projects Network meeting
· Teachers & Leaders meeting
· Afternoon: A Vision for Permaculture in the North -how do we want to
develop as a network and
spread the word to as many people as possible?
· other workshops to be confirmed
EVERY DAY
· Introduction to Permaculture - can you run this workshop?
Work on the permaculture gardens - your chance to get your hands dirty

HOW CAN I HELP?
· People are needed to set up the Permaculture Garden and workshop area
beforehand - the sooner
the better!
· A team of up to six is needed to keep the event together, i.e. share
the running of it
· We are grateful for any donations of plants or materials to create
the site
· You can become a sponsor of the Garden by sending a minimum of £5 to
the Gathering

WHEN , WHERE & HOW MUCH?
· The Gathering: Wednesday 28 July - Sunday 1 August
· The Convergence Friday 30 July - Sunday 1 August

· Venue is an organic farm near Pontefract, West Yorkshire
· You will receive directions when your booking is confirmed

Tickets £30. Ask for concessions; Reduced price or free entry if you
help run the event.
Enquiries: 0113 278 7066 or 224 9885
Cheques and Postal Orders payable to: Northern Green Gathering, 3
Thornville Place, Leeds, LS6 1JW
Or email cornerstone@gn.apc.org

--
Rich Morris (pfaf@scs.leeds.ac.uk) for
Plants for a Future: more than just potato's

--------------End of forwarded message-------------------------

--
Thilo Pfennig
<http://Alternativ.Net/>

  • FW: UK Northern Permaculture Convergence 1999, Thilo Pfennig, 05/18/1999