permaculture - Re: Embankment

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Jeffrey Newman <newman@bcinternet.net>
  • To: permaculture@listserv.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: Embankment
  • Date: Sat, 14 Nov 1998 23:26:55 -0800

Thank you, Paul. I'm trying to keep it as simple as possible. I didn't even
cut the
logs but managed to find suitable lengths - short and long. So, I've used no
saw or
axe. Of the options you listed, I'd prefer to leave it as is, trusting the
slope and
gravity to hold them in place. (I can always put them back if they get
dislodged -
e.g. by our enthusiastic dog.). I took a couple of pictures today and still
don't
know if it's kosher to attach pictures to messages on this list. You may
notice that
I'm quite proud of this little embankment. I've done nothing like it before.

On a less grand note, employing the principle that every activity should have
at
least two functions, I've made a point of pissing on some large thistles and
have
succeeded in eliminating three of them already. It takes persistence (-:

Jeffrey

Jeffrey Newman
My personal web site is at http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Flats/5759/

My ICQ number is: 9879310

  • Embankment, Jeffrey Newman, 11/14/1998
    • <Possible follow-up(s)>
    • Re: Embankment, Paul and Sandra, 11/14/1998
      • Re: Embankment, Jeffrey Newman, 11/15/1998