permaculture - Re: Daikon and grass seed.

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Jeffrey Newman <newman@bcinternet.net>
  • To: permaculture@listserv.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: Daikon and grass seed.
  • Date: Tue, 20 Oct 1998 18:23:29 -0700

Dan,

Thanks again for the specific advice. BTW, I'm in an area of central British
Columbia
called the Cariboo. It's fairly dry as we're in something of a rain shadow
but not
warm enough to support cacti. Our winter temps drop down to -30 and sometimes
even -
40 celsius.

Another question has come up. Somewhat carelessly I neglected t o mention
that the
for logs I'm using hardly merit that title as they're between five and seven
feet
long. To accommodate this we (it was actually my wife's suggestion) have
some up
with the idea of overlapping the second and up logs at an angle. This will
allow each
log to balance on the shorter pieces (projecting from the embankment) in two
places.
Thus a more stable wall. I'm thinking of strapping the logs together where
they meet
for additional strength and stability. Hope this is clear. I could send a
drawing or
a picture. Are such things OK on this list?

Jeffrey

--

Jeffrey Newman
My personal web site is at http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Flats/5759/