permaculture - [Fwd: Re: Wanna fight?????]

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Marsha Hanzi <hanzibra@svn.com.br>
  • To: thegarden@world.std.com
  • Cc: pcactivist@mindspring.com, permaculture@listserv.oit.unc.edu, fjs@nh.conex.com.br, CHRIS_A@yellowpages.co.uk, Milogic@aol.com, psyque@hotmail.com, ecobalance@lists.anu.net, greenpeace.brazil@dialb.greenpeace.org, dmfett@fmctc.com
  • Subject: [Fwd: Re: Wanna fight?????]
  • Date: Tue, 09 Jun 1998 12:19:18 -0700

Hello friends at the garden!

The case of Dennis is one of many of this type, where organic growers
have their produce poisoned by neighbors. It is an opportunity to bring
this whole question to the forefront ( I see a parallel to the McLibel
case) . In any case, it would be nice for him to feel supported, as he
wrote me that until now he has been completely alone in his struggle.
In fact what is being tested IN COURT is to what point do people
have
the right to poison others without their consent. If Dennis loses this
case, it will be a precedent saying that agrochemical farmers ARE NOT
RESPONSIBLE for what happens with their poisons.

I think all of you catch onto the symbolic significance of this case,
and the immense opportunity it offers.

It would be interesting if we all transmit this case to as many
organizations and persons who might be interested in it.

It is a marvellous opportunity for humanity to make a big step
forward...

Marsha