permaculture - New member

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Skye <skye@tortuga.com>
  • To: Sustainable Ag Listservor <sanet-mg@shasta.ces.ncsu.edu>
  • Subject: New member
  • Date: Fri, 05 Jun 1998 12:29:44 -0600

Hola

I am new to this list, but thought I'd intro myself.

I am an Australian, working mainly in Mexico, within the phiosophy of
Permaculture. My main activity seems to be roaming the country and
talking to people and offering short courses, on such basics as
composting, water harvesting, basic hygene (dry composting toilets),
soil rehabilitaion, minimum tillage, agroforestry etc.

The area I am involved with is high (average 2000m), not much soil left,
not much vegetation left and a rainfall pattern that has all the
rainfall occuring in a few months, and then the rest of the year is hot,
dry with massive evaporation rates - rainfall can vary, epending on area
from 300mm to 800mm annually.

I'd love to have contact and dialogue with any one with experience in
this type of dry tropical climate. And anyone working in Mexico or Latin
America.

I also subscribe to the PC Listservor, and I suspect that this Servor
will suffer from the same problem as the PC one. It is only accessible
to those of us that have good english. A sort of inbuilt elitism. In my
work I often work with brilliant scientists, ecologists and
agriculturists who are barred from accessing information such as on this
service, simply because they do read/write english. SO contact with
others working in Spanish speaking areas are especially welcome.

Thanks
Skye
--
Skye - Apdo # 391, Patzcuaro, Michoacan, CP. 61600 México.
fax 52 01 (434) 23395

"subscribe sanet-mg-digest".

From
owner-sanet-mg@ces.ncsu.edu Sat Jun 6 01:09:02 1998