permaculture - Re: vegan permaculture

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: David Fuller <sol3az@igc.apc.org>
  • To: permaculture@listserv.oit.unc.edu, permaculture@listserv.oit.unc.edu, permaculture@listserv.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: vegan permaculture
  • Date: Fri, 17 Apr 1998 18:08:38 -0700 (PDT)

A veggie cat.... My understanding has been that cats have an absolute
requirement for the amino acid taurine, which is found in meat. Cats
deprived of this in their diet develop poorly, with neurological and other
abnormalities. Is the cat's food being supplemented to provide this?

There are reasons cats have the pointy dentition and claws that they do...

All the best,

David Fuller.

At 01:00 PM 4/17/98 PDT, uwe wrote:
>Hi Lee,
>
>my former secretary has a cat which is a vegetarian! But there is good
(historical) reason for that. She found that little kitten about one or two
days after it's birth on the roof of her house; somebody left it up there.
So she feeded the baby with cow-milk. As it looks, the milk of a herbivore
altered the cat's taste, and that's why now it prefers brocoli over meat. -
Nowadays, how do many women
> feed their babies? I think that could explain the reason why in history
there never were any vegan tribes.

>Uwe

>(snip)
>
>> There has never been a vegan tribal society and there are good
>> reasons for that.
>>

>$*$*$*$*$ 1 LINE REFORMATTED BY POPPER AT igc.apc.org $*$*$*$*$

  • Re: vegan permaculture, Permaculture West, 04/17/1998
    • <Possible follow-up(s)>
    • Re: vegan permaculture, David Fuller, 04/17/1998