permaculture - Re: Anger - Ecofascism

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: warning@norex.com.au (David de Vries)
  • To: permaculture@listserv.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: Anger - Ecofascism
  • Date: Tue, 14 Apr 1998 10:34:54 +1000

Rene

>Yes, I agree... but how come we're right and they're not. I mean I know in
>my heart we're right, but don't they too. Perhaps it all boils down to
>allowing diversity and not being to strident about having the truth. Pc is
>a great system but is it the only truth? Dull lime green politics aren't
>going to change much, just add more red tape... but showing by example
>works... so I'm planning to make more working models (within agriculture
>and outside it).

I hoped not to appear too dogmatic - indeed, what I would like to propose
is a War on Dogma - including Pc techniques. The situation is too complex
for simple solutions. If you hear anyone pushing a technique too hard -
disbelieve them. Design concepts - now there is something that is very
powerful but only a concept, and thus difficult to push down someones
throat.

David

  • Re: Anger - Ecofascism, Rene and Lorraine van Raders, 04/13/1998
    • <Possible follow-up(s)>
    • Re: Anger - Ecofascism, David de Vries, 04/13/1998