permaculture - Re: Overwhelmed PDC grads WAS Internships

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "April Sampson-Kelly" <askpv@ozemail.com.au>
  • To: <permaculture@listserv.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Overwhelmed PDC grads WAS Internships
  • Date: Tue, 10 Mar 1998 16:12:51 +1000

Hi Rhys and Skye,
I have learnt from having a student centred focused course that you
can challenge students starting from where they are at and working
one-step-at-a-time
to where they could be.
We cover all the requirements of the PDC but try to allow the student to
focus
on what they need to learn in order to get where they want.
Often students return to the course notes years later for their next stage
of development.
It is sad to meet people who have done a PDC and not done anything more with
the knowledge,
my course really fired me up - I realised immediately that I had to know
more, try stuff out -
but it was taken at the right time in my life, after I had already blundered
about trying
swales and seed raising etc.
Still blundering on,
this weekend we are entered into a Waste Busters competition,
garden is open Sat only 10am to 4pm (for ye local yokles)
Regards,
April

----
April Sampson-Kelly ADPA,BCA,MCA,GradSci,PDC
LC Permaculture Visions
leaders in permaculture learning by correspondence
askpv@ozemail.com.au
sampsms@ozemail.com.au
http://www.ozemail.com.au/~askpv
GOOD PLANETS ARE HARD TO FIND