permaculture - Re: Pomologie - Apple & Pear varieties

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Elfpermacl@aol.com
  • To: burrenag@iol.ie, owner-permaculture@envirolink.org, permaculture@listserv.unc.edu, permaculture@envirolink.org, permakultur-ml@fantaghiro.deceiver.org
  • Subject: Re: Pomologie - Apple & Pear varieties
  • Date: Mon, 26 Jan 1998 11:45:29 EST

In a message dated 1/25/98 5:21:47 PM, burrenag@iol.ie wrote:

<<There was an interesting post in a newsgroup pointing to a website on

"Pomologie".

The lady in charge is Carole Thiery and she is looking for information on

plant genetic resources with regard to apples and pears. She is i.a. in the

process of compiling a massive database on apple varieties in the world.

The website is at

http://perso.club-internet.fr/lescrets

Carole Thiery can be contacted at

lescrets@club-int.fr>>

We had a huge book on just that topic that I think I donated to the NAFEX
library before one of our moves. If she joins NAFEX (probably already a
member) she can borrow the book and jump start her work.

For Mother Earth, Dan Hemenway, Yankee Permaculture Publications (since 1982),
Elfin Permaculture workshops, lectures, Permaculture Design Courses,
consulting and permaculture designs (since 1981), and now correspondence
courses via email. One is now underway. Next Live program: Paraguay,
8/10-22/98. Internships available. Copyright, 1997, Dan & Cynthia Hemenway,
P.O. Box 52, Sparr FL 32192 USA YankeePerm@aol.com

We don't have time to rush.

A list by topic of all Yankee Permaculture titles may be found at
http://csf.colorado.edu/perma/ypc_catalog.html