permaculture - "permaculture mousetrap."

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: warning@norex.com.au (David de Vries)
  • To: steved@ncatark.uark.edu, permaculture@listserv.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: "permaculture mousetrap."
  • Date: Sat, 17 Jan 1998 21:56:49 +1100

"Steve Diver" said
>I wonder, sometimes, if people aren't looking for that
>"permaculture mousetrap."

Steve

Mice fill a very important niche and I think this mousetrap idea of yours
is very short-sighted.

If you are having trouble cohabiting with north american omniverous mice
you may wish to consider some excellent marsupial mice we have here in
Australia. For example, Antechinus stuartii. It perform a very useful
insectory role around the house, eats no human food and only shits in one
spot. Males die off after a single, annual mating season due to cortisone
overload so populations stay in check.

That's all for now - have to get back to my mango wine bottling.

David

  • "permaculture mousetrap.", David de Vries, 01/17/1998