permaculture - Re: Mosquito uses

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: David Fuller <sol3az@igc.apc.org>
  • To: jackrowe@compuserve.com, UNC Perm List <permaculture@listserv.unc.edu>, Envirolink Perm List <permaculture@envirolink.org>
  • Subject: Re: Mosquito uses
  • Date: Fri, 9 Jan 1998 14:38:31 -0800 (PST)

Wonderful... Nice piece, Jack.

Umm...Bats. Who has figures for bat consumption of the flying suckers. And
how su(ck)cessful are bat boxes. I live in Arizona. Also we have had a
recent migration of the ankle-biting aegyptoides (sic) mosquito, that has
made the evenings in our balmy land almost unbearable. Dengue and
encephalitis carriers, too, they are. Welts and scratching are a way of
life now.