permaculture - Re: Paulownia and Re: Central Coast/Cal Poly

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "April Sampson-Kelly" <askpv@ozemail.com.au>
  • To: <permaculture@listserv.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Paulownia and Re: Central Coast/Cal Poly
  • Date: Thu, 13 Nov 1997 11:42:53 +1100

On our last site we had massive growth in one year (12 feet after planting
it at 3 feet high)
It does not require full sunlight, it did this well in the shade of another
house and on
a southern slope (subtropical)
my only caution is that it can sucker if root system gets distrubed. I have
not seen this myself though,
it is just what others have told me.

April