permaculture - Re: Tissue culture propagation

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Milogic@aol.com
  • To: permaculture@listserv.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: Tissue culture propagation
  • Date: Mon, 27 Oct 1997 18:49:58 -0500 (EST)

The results from tissue culture are inconclusive as yet although as time
passes I get more clustering of hints that there is something missing from
the cloning which comes home in due time. There are reports that cloned trees
may not have the same structural qualities as non-cloned.

To make evaluations effectively and convincingly is probably one of those
areas where one would need significant funds and extensive sets of equipment
to get a reasonable perspective. I notice that funds and equipment are not
common among permaculture people, however.

Why not just go out among the cloned varieties and ask them what they think?
Not as wild an idea as most will suspect.

Milo Clark
Berkeley CA USA