permaculture - Re: Strip crops and poultry

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Loren Davidson <loren@wombat.net>
  • To: permaculture@listserv.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: Strip crops and poultry
  • Date: Wed, 15 Oct 1997 10:17:58 -0700

At 07:08 AM 10/15/97 -0400, YankeePerm@aol.com wrote:

>Ah, you have solved my alligator/duck problem. Alligators prefer dogs to
>about anything! Now I need a cheap source of dogs.

Well, the first two might cost you something, unless you loiter in front of
grocery stores looking for the cardboard boxes labeled "free puppies".
After that, I understand they propagate without much encouragement. Perhaps
more than two, depending on how their rate of propagation compares to the
rate at which the alligators harvest them...

Loren,
humming, "How much is that doggie in the window..."
--
Loren Davidson
loren@wombat.net http://www.batnet.com/beauty/