permaculture - Herb Production Figures: Some Sources (fwd)

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <london@calypso-2.oit.unc.edu>
  • To: permaculture-mg@amani.ces.ncsu.edu
  • Subject: Herb Production Figures: Some Sources (fwd)
  • Date: Tue, 3 Oct 1995 01:01:10 -0400 (EDT)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: 25 Sep 95 14:07:35 EDT
From: Paul_Bubrick@npi-lv.ccmail.compuserve.com
To: sanet-mg@amani.ces.ncsu.edu
Subject: Herb Production Figures: Some Sources

Hello sannetters,

Thank you for your responses. As expected, relatively little is
published concerning medicinal and aromatic herb production
figures. Several useful sources have included:

International Symposium on Medicinal and Aromatic Plants, eds.
Palevitch and Putievsky, Acta Horticulturae 344, 1993.

Simon, Chadwick, and Craker. Herbs. An Indexed Bibliography
1971-1980. Archon Books, 1984.

Duke, J. 1986. Economic Plants for Holdridge Life Zones: Climatic
requirements of 1000 species. Internat. Permacult. Species
Yearbook.

Sievers, A.F. 194? Production of drug and condiment plants.
Farmers' Bulletin No. 1999. USDA

Duke, J.A. and duCeilier, J.L. CRC Handbook of Alternative Cash
Crops, 1993. CRC Press.

I have not yet fully explored Cornell, Amherst, Washington State,
or Purdue, but I suspect they have lots of available information.
I will follow up on sanet leads and report any other interesting
sources.

Any additional info/ideas would be appreciated. If I can compile a
large and interesting list, I will publish it on Sanet.

Paul Bubrick

  • Herb Production Figures: Some Sources (fwd), Lawrence F. London, Jr., 10/03/1995