permaculture - Re: Hello

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Jeff Jacobsen <jjj@otter.wsipc.wednet.edu>
  • To: Gil Hardwick <gil@landmark.iinet.net.au>
  • Cc: permaculture-mg@amani.ces.ncsu.edu
  • Subject: Re: Hello
  • Date: Tue, 22 Aug 1995 08:08:01 -0700 (PDT)

On Sun, 20 Aug 1995, Gil Hardwick wrote:

> There appears to be the usual gaggle & hype of activists, organisers
> and global support persons strutting their stuff, but nobody doing
> anything useful like getting their own food onto their own dinner
> table.

Speak for yourself, Gil. We have been feasting off our garden ... hmmm ...
and its only a first year garden ... and the blackberries are so good ...
I just don't know how we ever survived when we lived in the city and had
to buy our food at the local stores. We compost better stuff than you can
buy in town.
Now that we have the garden in we can start thinking about a house to live
in ...

Jeff Jacobsen jjj@otter.wsipc.wednet.edu

On Sun, 20 Aug 1995, Gil Hardwick wrote:

> There appears to be the usual gaggle & hype of activists, organisers
> and global support persons strutting their stuff, but nobody doing
> anything useful like getting their own food onto their own dinner
> table.
>
> As usual . . . :-(((((

> The next person they spied was a bandicoot carrying a watermelon. At
> first glance you would have thought it was merely a watermelon walking
> by itself, but a second glance would have shown you that the walking
> was being done by a small pair of legs attached to the watermelon, and
> a third glance would have disclosed that the legs were atteched to a
> bandicoot. Norman Lindsay, The Magic Pudding

  • Hello, GrahamBell, 08/19/1995
    • <Possible follow-up(s)>
    • Re: Hello, Cyronwode, 08/19/1995
    • RE: Hello, CFWALKER, 08/19/1995