permaculture - Re: permaculture digest: July 31, 2000

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lflondon@mindspring.com>
  • To: permaculture
  • Subject: Re: permaculture digest: July 31, 2000
  • Date: Mon, 07 Aug 2000 10:42:19 -0400

On Mon, 07 Aug 2000 12:23:35 +0100, Judith Hanna <jehanna@gn.apc.org>
wrote:

>What I find valuable about this international list is the digging into the
>complications and inner messiness of permacultural concepts. I also belong
>the the permaculture UK list, which has more of the practical 'getting
>started' information exchange. (Myk: I think I may have lost contact with
>the AL list you set up at one stage -- or is it that list that has gone
>inactive?)

If you're talking about alt.permaculture, that's a hopeless, useless
mess of a forum, as you'll soon find out over a week or two of reading
it. They don't seem to have enough self-discipline to restrain from
unfettered indulgence in the most trivial sort of chatter and
silliness. Its a total loss, afaic, but maybe with a boycott it may
eventually evolve into something useful for serious permaculturists.

>Lance highlights the need for keeping these two sorts of discussion
>separate

I don't believe he implied that at all.

> -- are there other lists that focus on the 'getting into
>permaculture' practical experience sharing?

That's what _this_ list is for.

> Should the list custodians set
>up two separate lists?

Absolutely not; there's no need for such a thing.