permaculture - Re: Uncle Bill's

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lflondon@mindspring.com>
  • To: permaculture
  • Subject: Re: Uncle Bill's
  • Date: Wed, 02 Aug 2000 12:34:29 -0400

On Wed, 2 Aug 2000 07:39:23 -0700 (PDT), "Verne L. Chinampas"
<moistearth@yahoo.com> wrote:

>Fourth: we're mutinous rabble! out with the old, in with the new!

That's usually the problem: dilletante sophmoric (or sophmoronic)
wannabee's bent on change, throwing out what's great about the old,
intentionally or carelessly unintentional, in their zeal for bringing
in the "new" or what they perceive as new.

(no reference to you, Verne - everyone's input in this list is highly
valued)

1) The issue of who gets to call what "permaculture" for profit
or personal/group gain has not been adequately stated in this list
(and what better place to do that - cheaper and almost more effective
than US mail or convergences - word of mouth).

2) Bill's contribution to all of us is immeasurable - it is
appropriate to give credit where it is due _then_ move
on to new frontiers in Permaculture using original
resources we develop, based on Bill's/David's/other's
teachings to achieve synthesis, new paradigms and
new milestones for the 21st century and beyond.

LL

Lawrence F. London, Jr. Venaura Farm ICQ#27930345
lflondon@mindspring.com london@metalab.unc.edu
metalab.unc.edu/intergarden InterGarden
metalab.unc.edu/permaculture PermaSphere
metalab.unc.edu/intergarden/orgfarm AGINFO

  • Re: Uncle Bill's, Lawrence F. London, Jr., 08/02/2000