percy-l - Re: [percy-l] re Percy and Bukgakov

percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Percy-L: Literary, Religious, Scientific, and Philosophical Discussion on Walker Percy

  • From: "janetcantor37 AT yahoo.com" <janetcantor37 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: "Percy-L: Literary and Philosophical Discussion" <percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [percy-l] re Percy and Bukgakov
  • Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2013 15:44:51 -0800 (PST)

I put in Google - Walker Percy and Bulgakov's The Master and Margarita and all I could find was that the two books often appear together on lists of favorite books. Here are two examples. Also in a list of books related to Faust, both are mentioned.

Janet Cantor

Books & Bars ~ View topic - CLASSIC POLL - VOTE HERE

abeja_maya's awards | LibraryThing

dear fellow appreciators of Walker Percy,

I’ve just finished rereading “Love in the Ruins” -- my fourth or fifth reading since the book was published in 1971 -- and find it even funnier and more on target than I did during earlier readings.

On this reading I was struck by how Percy’s portrait of the devil resembles the devil in Bulgakov’s novel “The Master and Margarita.” Is that a book Percy was familiar with? Did he ever write about or discuss Bulgakov?

Jim Forest

* * *

All Is Grace: a biography of Dorothy Day:
http://www.jimandnancyforest.com/2006/03/24/all-is-grace/

Saint George and the Dragon
http://www.jimandnancyforest.com/2011/04/04/saint-george-and-the-dragon/

Jim's books: www.jimandnancyforest.com/books/
Jim & Nancy web site: www.jimandnancyforest.com
Photo collections: www.flickr.com/photos/jimforest/collections/
On Pilgrimage blog: http://jimandnancyonpilgrimage.blogspot.com/
A Tale of Two Kidneys blog: http://ataleof2kidneys.blogspot.com/
In Communion site: www.incommunion.org

Jim & Nancy Forest
Kanisstraat 5 / 1811 GJ Alkmaar / The Netherlands

* * *

-----Inline Attachment Follows-----

--
An archive of all list discussion is available at http://lists.ibiblio.org/pipermail/percy-l/

Visit The Walker Percy Project at http://www.ibiblio.org/wpercy

Contact the moderator: percy-l-owner at lists.ibiblio.org (note: add @ sign when addressing email)

  • [percy-l] re Percy and Bukgakov, Jim Forest, 01/08/2013
    • <Possible follow-up(s)>
    • Re: [percy-l] re Percy and Bukgakov, janetcantor37 AT yahoo.com, 01/09/2013