percy-l - Re: [percy-l] lancelot

percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Percy-L: Literary, Religious, Scientific, and Philosophical Discussion on Walker Percy

  • From: RHONDA MCDONNELL <rhonda_mcdonnell AT msn.com>
  • To: "Percy-L: Literary and Philosophical Discussion" <percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [percy-l] lancelot
  • Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2010 20:00:18 -0700

Like Jim, I don't know the answer, but the question has me thinking.  If no one has done a Percy/Shakespeare study, it could be worth someone's time (assuming they have more time than me).  There's the Hamlet motif in The Second Coming, and if we thought about it collectively there might be other cases of intertextuality or allusion in the other novels. Hmmmm . . . anyone?

--Rhonda

"You live in a deranged age, more deranged than usual, because in spite of great scientific and technological advances, man has not the faintest idea of who he is or what he is doing."

                                    Walker Percy