percy-l - [percy-l] (no subject)

percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Percy-L: Literary, Religious, Scientific, and Philosophical Discussion on Walker Percy

  • From: Nikkibar AT aol.com
  • To: percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [percy-l] (no subject)
  • Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2006 11:47:58 EDT

A thought about the topical and the students of today: everything you say about things being lost is quite true but they have something to aid in their studies that we in our college years did not, in the search engines like Google, Yahoo and perhaps most useful of all Wikipedia. It may well be that teachers who are running into the glazed over eye in the classroom at the mention of William Holden or Rory Calhoun should take a few minutes (and perhaps a power-point illustration or two) to sensitize the student to the fun of tracing down these references on the net. Of course you would have to learn power-point...

Nikki Barranger.