percy-l - Re: [percy-l] "American Dream"

percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Percy-L: Literary, Religious, Scientific, and Philosophical Discussion on Walker Percy

  • From: JHForest AT cs.com
  • To: percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [percy-l] "American Dream"
  • Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2006 03:44:06 EDT

In a message dated 7/6/2006 5:56:52 AM Romance Daylight Time, dabeck AT iupui.edu writes:

I think that you are both correct. University presses aren't producing
Dan Brown-like bestsellers. My hunch is that the reason the books are
so high (besides the legit reasons Larry gave) is that they expect
libraries to be their main customers. Hence they can gouge libraries
and forget the mass market.

With libraries in mind, I forwarded the URL

http://www.cas.sc.edu/engl/faculty/faculty_pages/rhu/cavell.html

to my son, Dan, who teaches film studies at the University of Amsterdam. I think he'll arrange with the university library to get a copy. (Given his interest in the book's focus, he may even throw caution to the winds and get a personal copy.)

Jim

* * *
Jim and Nancy Forest
Kanisstraat 5 / 1811 GJ Alkmaar / The Netherlands
tel: (31)(72) 511 2545
Jim's e-mail: jhforest AT cs.com (alternative address: jhforest AT gmail.com)
Nancy's e-mail: forestflier AT cs.com (alternative address: forestflier AT gmail.com)
Jim and Nancy Forest web site: www.incommunion.org/forest-flier/
Forest-Flier Editorial Services: www.incommunion.org/forest-flier/ffes/
Jim's photo web site: www.flickr.com/photos/jimforest/sets/
Orthodox Peace Fellowship web site: www.incommunion.org