percy-l - Re: [percy-l] Pauley and Mitchell's smug, self righteousness

percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Percy-L: Literary, Religious, Scientific, and Philosophical Discussion on Walker Percy

  • From: Nikkibar AT aol.com
  • To: percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [percy-l] Pauley and Mitchell's smug, self righteousness
  • Date: Sat, 1 Oct 2005 16:53:38 EDT

In a message dated 9/26/2005 6:07:43 PM Central Standard Time, Robert_Pauley AT oxy.com writes:
http://www.city-journal.org/html/eon_08_31_05ng.html

Open response to Mr Pauley:

You have just proven my point. The article which you cite from a magazine unknown to me and written by one even more unknown, vaguely mentions the former Marc Morial administration as being corrupt; probably true (even though the jury has yet to be empaneled on that one) but then the writer sneaky-cleverly tries to tar Ray Nagin with the same brush. Not fair to Ray by a long shot. And true, he is overwhelmed but who wouldn't be. From where I stand Ray seems to be trying his level utmost to bring the best and brightest minds together from the greater New Orleans area to brainstorm the problem. And condemnations like that in the article are the direct opposite of helpful.

Nikki Barranger