percy-l - Re: [percy-l] Countdown to a Meltdown

percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Percy-L: Literary, Religious, Scientific, and Philosophical Discussion on Walker Percy

  • From: Patrick Lynch <padraig AT well.com>
  • To: "Percy-L: Literary and Philosophical Discussion" <percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [percy-l] Countdown to a Meltdown
  • Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2005 08:23:19 -0700

Ken,
While I agree with what you say mostly, I would hope a list such as this would avoid this kind of rhetoric. I know my developmentally disabled uncle would have given the shirt off his back to anyone in pain so I have difficulty calling the federal lack of response "retarded." Negligent and pain-causing, yes, but not "retarded."
Patrick