percy-l - Re: [percy-l] Pretense for Diarhoea

percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Percy-L: Literary, Religious, Scientific, and Philosophical Discussion of Walker Percy

  • From: hghwy6 AT aol.com
  • To: Percy-L AT lists.ibiblio.org:Literary and Philosophical Discussion <percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [percy-l] Pretense for Diarhoea
  • Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2005 23:32:03 -0500

Good Lord - thanks for the info! I'd never heard of this New-York Times before. Fortuna was really on her game when I signed up for the Walker Percy discussion list; otherwise I would have continued blissfully unaware of this startling situation in the "Middle-East" (how far is that from Peoria?). Keep me posted.

In the meantime, I'll just check the editorial's conclusion against my handy dandy WWWS (What Would Walker Say) Projection Key in order to contrive the precise manner in which p. 237, paragraph ii, of Cosmos totally validates my totally original insight of the moment on the topic of the day (hint: we haven't heard Rove mention Bernard's Star lately).

Also, though I recognize the dire scarcity of political propaganda these days, I was just wondering - hypothetically - how one might unsubscribe from a listserve that is filling one's inbox with frequent messages entirely off topic. This was probably in the introductory email, but one does get a little hasty with the delete button these days.

Until later,
John, Your Pacifist Working Boy

*Bonus factoid: Spell-check replaces "Percy" with "Perky." I think we ALL know what that means...turn that practiced scowl upside down people!