percy-l - [percy-l] gays, biblical authority and Percy's language theory --

percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Percy-L: Literary, Religious, Scientific, and Philosophical Discussion on Walker Percy

  • From: "Karey L. Perkins" <karey AT charter.net>
  • To: "Percy-L: Literary and Philosophical Discussion" <percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [percy-l] gays, biblical authority and Percy's language theory --
  • Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2003 15:24:59 -0400

No -- I'm certainly no moderator!  But I am fascinated by the fact that gays and Biblical authority have garnered so much response, but Percy's language theory doesn't get much interest?  There's so much he left unfinished and so much to investigate.  If he had lived longer, I think something tremendous might have come out of it -- like, the answer to, what is the interpretant?  He died before he could solve it.

So, here's what I would discuss if I had the choice...

What is the interpretant?

Why did he use triangles instead of triads, even when a good argument was given against it?

What did Susanne Langer drop that he picked up?  (I believe he says what it is in one place, but I lost it somewhere)

KP