pcplantdb - Re: [pcplantdb] new comments on 0.2.3 - advanced search

pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: pcplantdb

  • From: Richard Morris <webmaster@pfaf.org>
  • To: pcplantdb <pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [pcplantdb] new comments on 0.2.3 - advanced search
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 09:12:20 +0100

Bear Kaufmann wrote:
Hi everyone,

After a successful (and tasty) meeting (and dinner) with Stephanie, I've done a little work on altering the look of PIW, moving it to something more modern. Dropping the drawing, and switching to pictures.
Check it out here:
http://www.permaculture.info/test/piw2/
You'll note the tabs have changed, per Stephanie's suggestion, though they don't link to anything, since the content is pending.
I decided to go with a white background, which seems a bit cheerier, with the grey behind.
I narrowed the content into a small box, which is probably too small if it was to remain a fixed width layout, and I could return to a fluid layout for the whole site.

Never personally been a fan of fixed width. Having just got myself a 19" screen I want to use it.

We might want to use the fixed width on content pages, and search results get returned with a sparser, full page layout.
Note the integrated advanced search.

Nice, I'd make the search box bigger. I prefer the old PIW logo, the round sphere does nothing for me.

Also I'd really like to see a Plants For A Future logo on the front page, something like incorperating data from Ken Fern/Plants For A Future.

Like the way you've arranged the Habits. We'll want a lot more fields on an advanced search.

Also, see this:
http://www.permaculture.info/test/piw2/search_improved.php

Playing with a folksonomic search browser like layout for habit (text-size represents percentage of tag hits in the result set).
It might be best used as 2 different search modalities...

OK, got to run.
Please send feedback and opinions. :-)