pcplantdb - Re: [pcplantdb] [synthesis][38][7.12.05]

pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: pcplantdb

  • From: Stephanie Gerson <sgerson@stanfordalumni.org>
  • To: pcplantdb <pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [pcplantdb] [synthesis][38][7.12.05]
  • Date: Sat, 16 Jul 2005 10:55:55 -0700

A few quick things, IN CAPS:

> This
> includes:
>
> 1. playing with Chad’s latest release (www.permaculture.info)
> 2. reading John’s testing doc (http://www.permaculture.info/wiki/
> index.php?n=QAAndTest.WritingBugs)
> 3. checking out the issue tracker, writing up bugs if necessary
(https://
> www.arashi.com/roundup/piw/index)
> 4. reading Bear and my user experience doc, and editing if necessary
> (http://www.permaculture.info/wiki/index.php?n=Main.RichClient)

I've done some changes to this. I've created a Spec top level group to
hold all documentation relating to the specifications.

For thr RichClient page this has now been moved to subsections of
Spec.Specifications. In particular Spec.UserScenarios, Spec.Schema and
Spec.Graphical. Its not entirely correct as some of the RichClient stuff
is specific for this client and other stuff is more general. Working out
user senarios is definitely something which should happen for the
vanilla web client.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TRANSLATE THIS INTO ENGLISH? I'M GOING TO CHECK ALL
THESE DOCS TODAY - AND RICH, I'M NOT SURE WHAT YOU MEAN HERE.

> Are the links above correct? Please complete these tasks sometime
within
> the next 2 weeks.

It might be a good idea to try unig the issue tracker to assign tasks.
It could be a good way of checking progress. (Ponders, how could we do
multi user tasks in issue tracker?)

JOHNS, WOULD THIS BE SOMETHING YOU WOULD DO?

ALSO:
-RICH, WOULD YOU BE WILLING TO SET UP A PAYPAL ACCOUNT FOR US? (SCOTT
HAS NO EXPERIENCE WITH PAYPAL AND SAID HE DOESN'T HAVE THE TIME RIGHT
NOW.)
-YES CHAD, GO AHEAD AND PAY FOR 5+ YEARS WORTH OF THE DOMAIN NAME. WE'RE
IN THIS FOR THE LONG HAUL ;)
-AGAIN, PLEASE TAKE THE TIME TO REVIEW THE DOCS ABOVE.

and enjoy the weekend,
*Stephanie