pcplantdb - Re: [pcplantdb] Zip codes/bioregions data

pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: pcplantdb

  • From: Sean Maley <semaley@yahoo.com>
  • To: Permaculture Plant Database <pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [pcplantdb] Zip codes/bioregions data
  • Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2005 06:39:13 -0800 (PST)

It is the Global 200 data.

DDL = Data Defininition Language

The DDL is really just the database code for creating
the tables, indexes, procedures, etc...

Is there a source of data for British postal codes? I
also need to locate Canadian, Australian, etc. The
American codes that I obtained have latitude and
longitude for calculating distance. Something similar
would be great for all the worlds postal codes.

Even further would be to map the Global 200 to these
postal codes. This gives the ability to capture
bioregion from simple member information which isn't
overly imposing to request from them. I need it for
what I am doing, so I was offering some recent work.