pcplantdb - Re: [pcplantdb] tools...and a little synthesizing[34][3.02.05]

pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: pcplantdb

  • From: Richard Morris <webmaster@pfaf.org>
  • To: Permaculture Plant Database <pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [pcplantdb] tools...and a little synthesizing[34][3.02.05]
  • Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2005 17:28:41 +0000

Stephanie Gerson wrote:

hello everyone,

First, thanks to Bear for the Wiki, Chad for the live development version (how is this different from the dataset we already had on our website?), and Johns for the status report. It's still Sunday where I am, and I'd Love status reports from everyone (they can be brief).

Re: the technical spec. It needs to get done and I don't know how. I'll ask one more time - is anyone going to volunteer or do we have to 'hire' someone else to do it? I'd be willing to do work (writing, whatever) as long as someone gives me clear direction. But at this point, there's not much more I can do myself and we need to get this spec written. POR FAVOR.

I'd like to have Chads view on the Technical Spec. I'm sure he's got some good ideas. Its also going to have implications for how we implement things and I'd like to know how he feels about this.

I think we should use the second of the requirments which RichA posted as a framework. With a separate schema page.

Finally, did you know about this Rich? http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/4315233.stm
Potentially a situation in which market farmers would seek Pc information....

Yep indeed. I wrote to my MP about this and got a reply from the secatary of state. A very major shift in UK farming. On the whole good, except permanant crops (ie. most permaculture things) are excluded.