pcplantdb - [pcplantdb] introduction and project summary?

pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: pcplantdb

  • From: Jeremy O'Leary <jeremy@biohabit.org>
  • To: Permaculture Plant Database <pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [pcplantdb] introduction and project summary?
  • Date: Tue, 08 Feb 2005 21:59:17 -0800

Hello,

I signed on to this list a few weeks ago and I figure I should introduce
myself. My degree is in botany/ecology, but I have been working the
last five years as a system/db administrator and have been very
interested in permaculture for about a year. I have been working a
great deal with content management systems over the last six months and
am using civicspace for several projects. You can make custom forms,
and link all of the nodes together through a nice category/taxonomy
system. I don't know if it will work for this project but I figured I
should mention it. Here is an example if you are intersted:
http://www.biohabit.net/thedirt

Can someone e-mail me a summary of where the project is currently? Do
we already have a bunch of data and need to figure out a sane way of
storing and access it? Is there a scheme already designed? The name of
the e-mail list says a lot, but can you give me an idea of what version
1.0 will look like? If you would prefer to do it over phone, e-mail me
and I'll give you my phone number.

cheers,

Jeremy
--