pcplantdb - Re: [pcplantdb] public announcement

pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: pcplantdb

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lfl@intrex.net>
  • To: Permaculture Plant Database <pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [pcplantdb] public announcement
  • Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 23:53:29 -0800

Stephanie Gerson wrote:

My name is Stephanie, and I’m writing to announce an exciting project

Give your full name.

that a few of us from this lists are collaborating on, and that potentially involves you all. The project is called the Permaculture Information Web, and will provide an open library of relationship-
oriented information about plants and other organisms. As we all understand, Permaculture involves the weaving of meaningful relationships between the components of a system; with respect to agriculture, between organisms of an agricultural system.

substitute "elements" or something similar for organisms and delete one
occurence
or agriculture(al); or if you keep it maybe use "as between between organisms in
an agricultural system"

Or:

"As we all understand, Permaculture involves the weaving of meaningful
relationships
between the components of a system; as in an agricultural system, between
organisms."

> There currently exist resources
which offer information about individual components (i.e. the PFAF database), but none that offer information about the relationships between them
> ……yet! PIW seeks to satisfy this need. Users will be able, for example,
skip --- yet! add:

PIW seeks to accomplish this worthy goal.

to search for a particular plant, and learn about its relationships with other plants and organisms

[can someone give a good example scenario here?].
Skip this part; "we're" supposed to prive such examples

PIW has the potential to be an incredibly rich informational resource, and depends on your participation.

With your participation PIW has the potential to become an incredibly rich
informational resource.

> The informational content of PIW will
> be contributed by you – members of the Permaculture community with
> valuable information about ecological relationships.

Skip the extra "informational"; instead:

The content of PIW will depend on Permaculture community members interacting
with the PIW and
contributing information about ecological relationships to the database

> We invite anyone
interested to join our listserv at http://lists.ibiblio.org/mailman/

to carrying PIW into fruition.

bringing PIW to fruition

Thank you; we look forward to some good cross-pollination!

peace
*Stephanie

PIW Team
Chad Knepp