pcplantdb - Re: [pcplantdb] Website, RDF

pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: pcplantdb

  • From: Bear K <bear@ursine-design.com>
  • To: Permaculture Plant Database <pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [pcplantdb] Website, RDF
  • Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2004 15:50:00 -0800

Take a look at these two images that might be useful as background to share/fill
the space to the right of Permaculture Information Web, to replace the
trees/bushes/wildlife/roots logo.
I've actually sketched a drawing similar to the one in use now, so copyright wise, we can use that one.
I actually like the look of the B&W line art, and I'm thinking of extending it, including a windpath over the trees, fish, etc.

There is a design awkwardness regarding the fluidity of the header. I currently have one image attached left, and one attached right. If they overlap, it would look ugly. I could use a PNG image to resolve some of these issues, but some earlier browsers don't support it.

I could include a faint rainbow in the header. Add clouds. Perhaps try to give a feel of the horizon going into the distance.
I'm also thinking of adding some more subsurface life, some rocks, worms, etc. Trying to collage them together and have it look good is a difficult task. Try to give it a feel for the ecology. We could possibly add arcs between elements in the graphic, showing the ecological relationships between them, something showing what we're trying to represent.

I'm open to other paths to try for the design.

I'd like to perhaps create some customized images for headings of paragraphs with themes relating to the information presented.
These images would come in handy there.

http://market-farming.com/piw-images/field+woods.jpg
http://market-farming.com/piw-images/cloudysky.jpg
http://market-farming.com/piw-images/pondscape.jpg
http://market-farming.com/piw-images/rainbow5.jpg
http://market-farming.com/piw-images/stream.jpg
http://market-farming.com/piw-images/surf.jpg
http://market-farming.com/piw-images/vista.jpg

maybe this one could fit in somewhere (maybe in a 404-land page) :-):
http://market-farming.com/piw-images/hh-small.jpg

other strange stuff -
http://market-farming.com/piw-images/links.jpg
http://market-farming.com/piw-images/oldtruck.jpg