pcplantdb - Re: [pcplantdb] website

pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: pcplantdb

  • From: Richard Morris <webmaster@pfaf.org>
  • To: Permaculture Plant Database <pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [pcplantdb] website
  • Date: Thu, 09 Dec 2004 19:14:49 +0000

Chad Knepp wrote:

Actually depending on your browser configuration and font availability
the site should be rendered with Arial first, then Schoolbook, and
then the broswer default. Not sure what's happening that you see
Times.
May have mistaken Schoolbook for Times? They are both sefif fonts.

> Personally I'm in favor of not changing the font from the
browser default but I'm ok with using something serif if folks
prefer. Anybody else have a set of font choices that includes good
looking fonts that are available in Unix, Win, and Mac (Arial is not
available on Unix). This would go in body {font-family: "Font";} of
the css.

As for compatability

I think works well, Verdana is Mac's san-serif and Helvatica work on unix.

Plants for a Future: 7000 useful plants
Tel: 01208 872 963 / 0845 458 4719
Email: webmaster@pfaf.org