pcplantdb - Re: [pcplantdb] synthesis[29][12.04.04]

pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: pcplantdb

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lfl@intrex.net>
  • To: Permaculture Plant Database <pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [pcplantdb] synthesis[29][12.04.04]
  • Date: Mon, 06 Dec 2004 06:39:39 -0800

John Schinnerer wrote:

Case in point - the only "small" farmers in the USA who are not only not going broke and losing their farms but actually doing pretty well are the Amish. They keep it small; they keep it relatively low-tech; they choose not to farm more than they can handle with some (locally sustainable) draft animals and their own community resources; they produce top-quality products that fetch premium prices. And, not least, they support each other in communal ways that the rest of us have mostly abandoned.

I really hope noone paid any attention to what you wrote here. You have no
clue to
what is actually going on in small to medium scale agriculture im the US,
what those farmers are doing
and their hopes and aspirations for the future. Do you work for a living? Do
you do anything ag-related?
I didn't think so. I wish you would quit trying to jack this project around
with your negativism and apathy
about uses for PIW in the field of farming and gardening, topics you
obviously know little or nothing about
and have even less interest in. Stick to the contributions you offered to
make toward software development.