pcplantdb - Re: [pcplantdb] mini-synthesis[26][11.15.04]

pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: pcplantdb

  • From: "John Howe" <warlock@arashi.com>
  • To: "Permaculture Plant Database" <pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [pcplantdb] mini-synthesis[26][11.15.04]
  • Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2004 23:56:57 -0800 (PST)

> hello all,
>
> Sorry I've been somewhat MIA recently, but I havn't gotten internet
> connected
> in my new home...yet. That will happen this week.

I too have been busy with the new job. I have have my head in Java since
Fall Equinox.

> However, I did want to send out a lil' mini-synthesis so we're all on the
> same
> page. Here's what's going on:
>
> 2. Chad was wondering who would like to be the "webmaster." Any takers?
> Why
> would you rather not do it yourself, Chad? Because you are too busy with
> other responsibilities? Not accusatory, just curious ;)

I can also pick up on this if need be. I am pretty good at automation all
the sysadmin stuff ( <joke>one of these days, I will replace myself with
some shell script</joke> )

> 3. Johns is still doing bug-tracking (?), though I'm not quite sure where
> he's at.

I recommended John S take a look at scarab, since it is much more
customizable than bugzilla. We would have to find out if ibiblio can host
a tomcat based system.

> 4. I just had lunch with Bear the other day, which was Lovely. And I'll
> be
> presenting PIW at a Planetwork (Jim Fournier's organization) gathering on
> December 16th. I'd Love to have something however small to show by then.

Very cool. We had a meeting to get City Repair moving along in Seattle as
well ( http://www.cityrepair.org/ )

> Ok folks, that's it for now. More in-depth synthesis once I have internet
> and
> you all sent me updates (please do so soon!). I would also like to revise
> our
> short-term goals and project plan, as things have certainly changed (i.e.
> platform, Rich's involvement, etc.).

Back to lurking mode, waiting to see the new schema work from Chad.

John Howe, B.S, M.A.
http://www.arashi.com/

The most beautiful thing we can experience is the
mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science.
-- Albert Einstein