pcplantdb - Re: [pcplantdb] EIE references

pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: pcplantdb

  • From: John Schinnerer <john@eco-living.net>
  • To: PCPLANTDB <pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [pcplantdb] EIE references
  • Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2004 21:25:21 +0000

Aloha,

In the meantime, please read these 2 articles. I *know* you (at least Lawrence!) will find them interesting, and hopefully relevant. If you don't have Acrobat or cannot open PDF files for some reason, please let me know and give me alternatives.

They're fat (PDFs are usually absurdly large for the actual information they contain) - long download for us dialup types - if they can be found via Google, there is sometimes an HTML version viewable...since I have no title I can't Google them to see...

p.s. Industrial Ecology is something I'm considering pursuing graduate studies in, so I'd be interested in knowing what you think...

I think the term is a pretty obvious oxymoron.
What all IE claims to be about I don't know yet...
If MBDC ( http://www.mbdc.com/ ) is an example of IE, then the practice is also IMO oxymoronic.
A 95% recyclable car is still a car - the problem is the culture of car, not the percentage of a car that can be recycled.
A huge "green roof" on a huge Ford plant still shelters the perpetuation of the culture of car, in no way mitigating the true and original green destroyed by that culture.