pcplantdb - Re: [pcplantdb] What is a tree?

pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: pcplantdb

  • From: Scott Pittman <pci@permaculture-inst.org>
  • To: Plants For A Future <webmaster@pfaf.org>, pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [pcplantdb] What is a tree?
  • Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2004 08:21:29 -0600

Plants For A Future wrote:

Anyway there is lots of interesting relationships betwwen plants
which you can find by examining the plant family tree some work better
than others
he a look at
http://www.comp.leeds.ac.uk/pfaf/D_fam.html
i which gives a break down of some of them.

Enjoy

Rich

I agree that we need to keep the traditional nomenclature, if for no other reason than that it is much easier to do follow up research and because it is a international language at this point.
Have you looked into Dahlgrin's plant classification system Rich?

Scott