pcplantdb - Re: [pcplantdb] [synthesis][11][8.18.04]

pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: pcplantdb

  • From: Richard Morris <webmaster@pfaf.org>
  • To: pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [pcplantdb] [synthesis][11][8.18.04]
  • Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2004 20:54:44 +0100

Lawrence F. London, Jr. wrote:

No at all. Opinion is divided with more favoring ibiblio and their currently offered software,
not Zope.

Personal opionion, is that

1) I'd be happy to go with Zope if we could get it on ibiblio.
2) As current & future state of Zope on ibiblio is uncertain
I think it is pragmatic not to follow it at the moment.

I do think Zope could be good for some things. When we move onto
stage 2, where we go for a wider content-managment system
with diaries, blogs, wikis, articles, other media. Zope (&plone?) might well searve our needs well.

But thanks Chad & both Johns for answering my questions.
Seems like there are ways round most of the issues I've mentioned.

Finally got to page 361 of Zope book (extending Zope) to where
things get interesting, i.e. propper classes and not just objects with properties.

Plants for a Future: 7000 useful plants
Tel: 01208 872 963 / 0845 458 4719
Email: webmaster@pfaf.org