pcplantdb - [pcplantdb] Invasion biology critique book

pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: pcplantdb

  • From: "John Schinnerer" <john@eco-living.net>
  • To: pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [pcplantdb] Invasion biology critique book
  • Date: Mon, 2 Aug 2004 22:13:27 -1000 (HST)

Aloha,

> > A passing thought - see Toby H.'s review of the book critiquing
> "invasion
> > biology" in the latest PC Activist...we may have some interesting
> issues
> > come up with "native" designations in our DB...
>
> Any online access to this? I've been engaged in a lot of disagreement
> with the local 'conservation biologists' and their eradication
> campaigns. Is this Holmgren's new book?

The book is called "Invasion Biology - critique of a pseudoscience," by
David Theodoropoulos, Avvar Books, Blythe, CA, 2003 - self-published,
available from author or get your local bookstore to get it on their
shelves. He sells it via his web site at:

http://dtheo.com/

Toby gives it a pretty rave review (except for the binding quality), and
he's got the science chops and background to know a good critique of bad
science when he sees one. Might be useful backup for your efforts...