pcplantdb - Re: [pcplantdb] Domain?

pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: pcplantdb

  • From: Richard Morris <webmaster@pfaf.org>
  • To: john@eco-living.net, pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [pcplantdb] Domain?
  • Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 10:08:20 +0100

John Schinnerer wrote:
Aloha again,

One of the first things we could spend money on would be registering ourselves
a domain.

pcplantdb.* is available...and, in agreement with Chad's comments about moving
beyond plants alone, something like permaculturedb.* or permaculturedatabase.*
(also available) might be more appropriate.

Other suggestions?

I like the permaculturedatabase.org as it says what it is
we could potentially have two a long name and a short
easy to type name is pcdb.org avaliable.

Not so keen on pcplantdb just as its always a bit of a hand full.

I think a .org domain is a natural place for db to live.

Lawrence wrote:
There is after all no reason this project can't eventually include other sorts
of permaculture information...and, first things first of course!

I own permaculture-online.com which I will donate to the project (or to a
non-profit org associated with the project should one be formed) if there is
interest.

Maybe a donation of a good domain would be worth something in a proposal for
funding to someone. Stephanie?.

I also have permasphere.com.

Both seem fine by me. Would prefer
permaculture-online.org or permasphere.org

Plants for a Future: 7000 useful plants
Tel: 01208 872 963 / 0845 458 4719
Email: webmaster@pfaf.org