pcplantdb - Re: [pcplantdb] Hosting the project

pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: pcplantdb

  • From: Richard Morris <webmaster@pfaf.org>
  • To: pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [pcplantdb] Hosting the project
  • Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2003 12:19:14 +0100

Lawrence F. London, Jr. wrote:

Ibiblio is a better place to host this project, its free, is well funded and staffed with
full time professionals, will exist well into the future, is backed up by the University of NC
and Richard, myself and others on this list already have accounts and projects going there.
IOW ibiblio is a known quantity, we know nothing about your host's service or what will happen to our
project and our data, i.e. our work, over the long haul. Ibiblio exists to host projects like ours,
hence their name "The People's Library".

I agree with laurence here. ibiblio is a great place to host it,
they are also very liberal in giving people logins etc.
If you fancy having a play about I'm sure they can give you
a login and I can let you know username and password
for the database.

Plants for a Future: 7000 useful plants
Tel: 01208 872 963 / 0845 458 4719
Email: webmaster@pfaf.org